1. Company Profilewww.petas.gr is managed by ALTAIR TRAVEL S.A. (VAT 095172110, G.N.T.O. license number: 0261E0000463800, S.A. register license number: 0261E60000463800), whose registered office is at 26, Pentelis St, 175 64, Paleo Faliro, Athens. Altair Travel legal representative is Mr. Nikolaos Peroulis.
2. General Terms & ConditionsThe same general terms and conditions are applied for all customers proceeding with bookings through our website, or by telephone, or by visiting directly our premises. Buying an air or boat ticket, booking hotel accommodation, renting a car, or purchasing any other petas.gr product means automatically that you accept all General Terms & Conditions.
3. BenefitsThrough the petas.gr website a variety selection of travel products and services is offered. Petas.gr is the mediator between the customer and the suppliers of each travel product (air tickets, boat tickets, hotel bookings, car rentals, packages, travel insurances etc.). Each time the online booking of products and services is subject to availability. The customer has to consult the general terms and conditions of the relevant supplier, as in case the reservation is completed successfully, the general terms and conditions are subject to the corresponding supplier’s own terms & conditions.
4. Working hoursThe petas.gr call center operates Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5. Booking processBy filling all obligatory fields of the petas.gr reservation form and having completed all necessary steps of the booking process, the user authorizes petas.gr to mediate between the provider and himself as far as travel products and services are concerned.
All following acts on behalf of the user are considered to be mediation approval towards petas.gr in order to provide all kinds of travel services published on www.petas.gr :
- Services requested by the customer through the web site.
- Services requested by the customer through petas.gr call center.
- Services requested by the customer directly at the petas.gr offices.
The customer is bound by his booking request in any case.
In case the provider amends any kind of service (e.g. flight delay, or cancellation) petas.gr will try to inform the customer accordingly through mail or phone communication provided the supplier has already informed petas.gr on time. For flight cancellations, delays or amendments caused by the provider, petas.gr does not get any liability.
The user is responsible for compliance with the conditions set by each supplier, e.g. check in time. The user is informed about these conditions by the correspondent supplier.
Should the user violate the site terms, petas.gr has the right to reject his booking order.
6. Confirmation of bookingRight after having proceeded with booking through petas.gr the user will receive via mail either from petas.gr or from the provider the final confirmation. The user is required to ascertain IMMEDIATELY the accuracy of the confirmation (name, departure & arrival date, destination etc.) and inform petas.gr in case of errors or omissions the soonest possible, and certainly within the same date of registration. Any errors reported after the end of the workday in which the user has confirmed his booking will not be taken under consideration. Even if the user sends the error notification on time, petas.gr cannot guarantee that the error correction is possible with no penalty; however petas.gr assures the user that its personnel will try its best to work on it. Many providers especially “low cost carriers” do not at any cost or way proceed with name correction after the ticket issuance. It should be taken under consideration that the late reporting of errors or the inability to correct them does not entitle the user to withdraw from the contract whatsoever.
7. Tickets and other travel documents receiptThe user should receive all air tickets in electronic form (e-tickets) through mail or through text message sent to the user’s cell phone which has been already registered during the booking process. In exceptional cases the tickets may be obtained from the petas.gr offices.
The user should receive all boat tickets though courier or he may obtain the tickets from the petas.gr offices. In exceptional cases the user can obtain his tickets from the boat company’s kiosk which is usually located at the port and more specifically at the Gate from which each ship departs. In this case the user receives through phone or mail the reservation code.
Petas.gr assumes no responsibility for loss of tickets or travel documents sent by post (courier).
In case of hotel booking or car rental no special documents are required; therefore the user receives through mail a booking confirmation either from petas.gr or directly from the supplier. The user has to print the confirmation along with the voucher (if provided) and present it to the hotel reception or the car rental office.
In case of package confirmation the user will obtain all necessary travel documents either from the carrier offices at the airport or from petas.gr offices. Alternatively he will receive the documents by post (courier).
8. CostsThe Petas.gr mediation fee is included in the final cost of the travel product.
Petas.gr receives feedback regarding costs directly from the providers. However petas.gr does not assume any responsibility regarding fare amendments caused by the suppliers neither about fees charged by the suppliers for cancellations requested by the user. These fees shall be borne solely by the user.
Bookings not made directly through the site may have different pricing.
9. Payment MethodsThe payment methods are listed in detail on the website separately for each product or service. No other payment ways except the mentioned ones will be accepted.
In case of payment through credit card the whole amount will be deducted right after the booking completion. In case of payment through bank deposit the system provides (if permitted by the ticket fare) an automatic 24 hours deadline, so that the user deposits the entire amount. The user shall inform petas.gr as soon as the deposit is made in order to issue and send the ticket. Before the settlement petas.gr has no obligation to send the tickets or other travel documents to the user. In any case the user has to pay for the services requested. Before the ticket issuance petas.gr holds the right to ask the user to send by fax or by mail a copy of his credit card, or a document which verifies his home address, or the slip of the account deposit. Petas.gr undertakes to send the tickets, vouchers and other travel documents only to the address indicated by the user.
10. Cancellations, amendmentsThe ability to amend or cancel a ticket, a journey or generally a service provided from petas.gr depends solely on the terms set by each provider.
The penalty which may arise in case of amendment or cancellation of a travel service is determined solely by the terms of each provider and lies exclusively with the user.
In case the provider allows the user to amend or cancel his ticket or travel service in general, petas.gr must be notified about the amendment or cancellation request by the user via this Contact Form here in due time. If the amendment/cancellation request is received outside working hours, the day of receipt of the order will be considered the next working one. In no case petas.gr shall proceed with amendment or cancellation without any written notification from the user.
In case of amendment or cancellation of ticket, travel service or product in general booked through petas.gr, the mediator fee charged by petas.gr is not refundable, whilst there is a fixed charge (voluntary or involuntary cancellations) as follows:
- Air ticket: 20.00 EUR for each international and domestic ticket’s cancellation plus the carrier’s penalty if it occurs according to the airfare regulations.
- Air ticket: 20.00 EUR for each international and domestic ticket’s amendment plus the carrier’s penalty if it occurs according to the airfare regulations plus the fare balance if any.
- Boat tickets: 3€ for each ticket plus the company penalty if it occurs according to the policy of each boat company. If the user’s booking includes many tickets (e.g. ticket for the car transportation) the petas.gr amendment/cancellation fee shall not excess the total amount of 10€ for the whole booking.
- Hotel bookings/Car rentals: The user is charged with the penalty of the provider if that occurs.
In case of amendment of any travel service booked through petas.gr, additional reissue fees may be charged to the user.
11. RefundsThe date for reimbursement of cancellation depends on the type of service.
In particular in case of cancellation or amendment as far as air tickets are concerned, the refund will take place right after the carrier itself has proceeded with the refund. The refund to the customer will be made no later than the end of the month following the date of cancellation. For possible refund delays due to the carrier, petas.gr does not hold any responsibility.
Regarding all other travel services booked through petas.gr, the refund will be held 30 days from the date of cancellation.
12. Booking rejectionPetas.gr holds the right to reject reservation requests submitted by the user, in case he violates the website terms & conditions.
13. Provisions relating to passports, visas, currency, medical devices and other travel documents.In case the user travels abroad he should respect all applicable provisions for each country regarding passports, visas, customs, taxes, import-export goods, and medical devices. The website of petas.gr offers some relevant information in order to assist the user however in no case shall the user hold petas.gr responsible for the validity and the sufficiency of this information. For authoritative information, the user should contact the provider or the consulate of his destination.
14. DisclaimerThe details and information about all travel products or services are provided by the correspondent supplier. Petas.gr makes any effort to verify all information published on this website and check for any errors, omissions and inaccuracies. In any case petas.gr cannot guarantee the relevance, correctness, completeness and timeliness of such information. In particular petas.gr does not hold any responsibility for the following:
- The unavailability of the travel product or service.
- Errors, omissions, violation or denial of the supplier.
- Injury, death, private property damage, or other damages that may occur from any services provided by the supplier.
- Delays, cancellations due to overbooking, strike, force majeure which are not in direct control.
- Any info which is provided and published by each supplier about its offered services.
In rare circumstances the ticket fare displayed on the website of petas.gr may not be valid during the ticket confirmation process, in which case petas.gr bounds only for the price stated on the e-ticket mission. Petas.gr or its partners maintain the right to proceed with modifications of the site any time.
15. Responsibility of the userBy entering this website the user guarantees that he is at least 18 years old, that he meets the legal requirements to use the site and assumes any responsibility for minors using the site on his account. Any use of this website for misleading or speculating purposes, or in a way that causes malfunction to the site is prohibited. Any illegal actions from the user will cause his exclusion from the website services.
16. Copyright, trademarksThe copyright and all other protected rights referring to the website belong to petas.gr. Unless the third party property is mentioned the website content belongs exclusively to petas.gr. The name “petas.gr” as well as all trademarks, logos and all graphic designs depicted on this website are the property of petas.gr or third party associates.
Any copying, distribution, alteration, reselling, creation of derivate work, or public misleading about the real provider and the content of this website is strictly forbidden. Any reproduction, republication, uploading, posting or transmission or any other use of content in any manner or way for commercial or other purposes is permitted only with prior authorization of petas.gr or other holder of copyright.
17. Applicable lawAny transaction between the user and petas.gr is governed by Greek law excluding the rules of the international private law. The courts of Piraeus will be responsible for resolving disputes that may arise between the parties.
18. Online Dispute ResolutionIn accordance with the Directive 2013/11/EU and the Regulation 524/2013 of the European Union, any complaints that occur between consumers and merchants in the European Union related with provision of online services may be submitted to the online dispute resolution platform. This platform offers a quick way to achieve out-of-court agreements. For more info please click here.